Gender equality measures and family-friendly policies in the KFO 5002
Promotion measures and programmes
The KFO 5002 is strongly committed to gender equality and family-friendly policies. All members have access to a broad range of initiatives to support equal opportunities and family friendliness. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Ramona Schulz-Heddergott (ramona.schulz(at)zentr.uni-goettingen.de) or the office of the KFO 5002.
Our activities comprise:
Network meetings and platforms for female scientists:
- „Women's Careers and Networks“ (WoCaNet) features an annual symposium in Göttingen where female scientists meet renowned women from diverse professional backgrounds to discuss career options.
- The Margaret Maltby program offers mentoring and coaching for female early career researchers.
- The KFO 5002 strengthens networking between women in science by organizing „career talk sessions“ (e.g. with the female PIs of this consortium) and by financially supporting network meetings like WoCaNet.
- The Dorothea Schlözer program promotes the development of female early career scientists by awarding postdoc positions.
- The Heidenreich von Siebold Program supports women in advanced stages of their career in carrying out their „Habilitation“.
Family friendly policies
Family friendly policies measures of the KFO 5002 are:
- Investment in additional childcare options outside the opening hours of kindergarten or school, e.g. for meetings and conferences or during holidays or to alleviate re-entry after parental leave
- Installation of teleworking equipment at home to reconcile family and scientific career
- Offering a mobile KidsBox which is equipped with toys and recreation elements for kids that accompany parents at seminars or workshops
You may also be interested in